Directions: Read through Chapter 1. Then, answer the questions here. We will likely refer back to elements of Chapter 1 as we go further into the content of this course. I am not expecting multiple paragraphs for each of these answers. However, do your best to indicate you have read the material. Remember, this is an upper level synthesis course.
1) Explain how Ancient philosophers (Greek and Roman) would have interpreted the common saying in the English language, You are what you eat.
2) How would later philosophers, like Machiavelli, Montesquieu, Malthus, Mill, and Marx explain you are what you eat? Your answer should contrast the practical role of food in the economy, as opposed to the metaphorical role.
3) Explain why there has there been a resurgence in philosophers studying and writing about food in recent decades.
4) Explain this sentence from the book, it seems that when it comes to risk it is the question of what we choose NOT to eat that creates an opportunity to frame dietary questions in ethical terms.
5) Explain what the author means when he says forcing somebody to eat dog meat could legitimately cause someone to be harmed.
6) Watch this video. It is referred to in the text. How does iek argue that Starbucks sell san ideology related to social justice?
7) Provide two additional explanations of you are what you eat that come up in the text.
8) In a list/bullet point form, provide 5 additional points that you think are important from this chapter.
9) Finally, think of a question you have after reading and reflecting on this material in Chapter 1. Please write it here (leaving this blank is not acceptable).
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more